Are you #TeamPbook or #TeamEbook? Do you prefer reading a physical book or you’re the modern day reader that’s more inclined with electronic books?
Hello there, book lovers! I just have some thoughts in mind about our love for reading and the ways and medium we’re using.
As you may already know, there are lots of reason why we should make ourselves read more often. Aside from keeping our brains sharp, it also lessens our risk in having Dementia when we get older. To give you more idea, here’s an article from Lifehack listing 10 Benefits of Reading.
So, being a booky like me (and you, just in case), I’m always looking forward to reading new books every so often without breaking the bank, and with that, eBook is the way to go. But, there’s a sense of joy for me in reading a physical book. What medium should I use now? Having able to use the two, I have weighed the pros and cons of both worlds.
Here, based on my experience, I’m sharing with you my observations.
Paper Books PROS:
- I feel more satisfied in reading actual books, turning pages and highlighting phrases or quotes with real highlighters while sipping a cup of coffee on the side.
- I have a higher probability of finishing an actual book in one weekend.
- Reading paper book makes me fall asleep faster at night.
- Looking on pile of books arranged perfectly in my room makes me so happy.
- Lesser distraction.
- No radiation that can definitely harm us in the long run.
- Let me escape for a while in using my cellphone.
Paper Books CONS:
- Way pricey than eBooks.
- The Trees. Bow.
- Heavier and bulkier whenever I carry it around wherever I go (You know, just in case I feel like reading).
Electronic Books PROS:
- Cheaper than actual books.
- I have no problem if I want to read anywhere I feel like it because I can save it in my phone, which I bring like… anywhere.
Electronic Books CONS:
- Sooooo maaaaany distraction. Reason why I can’t finish an eBook in one weekend. There’s always a temptation to check other apps like social media apps.
- Radiation. Bow.
- The glare of phones sends signal to your brain that it’s not yet time to hit the sack keeping you awake. That’s the reason why I always have a hard time sleeping at night whenever I’m reading an eBook.
Those were my observations and you can obviously say what team I am. Even if I have to spend bucks for a physical book, I’d still go for it especially if I really want it. I just set my mind that buying a book is a way of investment. 🙂 Though yes, trees are the major concern so hopefully, they’ll find a different material to spare our environment from destruction yet still giving us the joy of flipping pages for reading.
Both medium has its pros and cons and it’s up to you which world you’re more comfortable with. Just make sure that your reading makes you satisfied, happier and smarter with lesser harm (Yes, I’m a bit bias here. #TeamPBook). Don’t get me wrong because I would still read eBooks, mostly on those days that my pocket won’t allow me to buy a new pBook. 😀
How about you? TEAM P or TEAM E? What are your observations with it? Can you share with me some just in case it’s not listed above? I’ll appreciate it so much! Ciao! 🙂